Location: London, ON
Start.ca is currently looking for a full-time Network Administrator to join our growing team. As a Network Administrator you will be responsible for supporting the “triple-play” network and will monitor and support internet services, FTTP, IPTV, and VOIP. In addition, the Network Administrator will be an escalation point for the Customer Experience Business Support team and all supported services. Along with the responsibilities and requirements specific to this role, you are also expected to abide by and encourage Start’s Code of Conduct, helping to strengthen our trusting and positive work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building, maintaining and monitoring a Network based on the Juniper platform.
- Contributing to the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of Start.ca’s Network infrastructure.
- Providing one-on-one escalation support and problem resolution to the Network Team.
- Assisting with services related to IPTV and VoIP.
- When necessary, assist with data center racking and cabling.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing problems, performing repairs on IT assets, and provide support for a wide range of applications.
- Assisting with systems and network monitoring.
- Accurately logging work orders/IT tickets and resolutions into our IT software management system.
- Conducting timely repair of outages covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Compiling, maintaining, and filing all network diagrams, reports, and other documents as required.
- Participating in an on-call rotation.
- Occasional travel when required.
- Other appropriate responsibilities relevant to the role today and the role as it may evolve.
What we are looking for:
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a high-volume networking environment.
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related program of study.
- Completion of JNCIA or CCNA certification.
- High degree of Network experience using BGP/OSPF and on either Cisco or Juniper.
- FTTP GPON/AE experience using vendors such as Adtran, ZTE, Huawei or Zhone.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the following:
- Monitoring/alerting services such as Splunk/Kibana, Nagios, Cacti, and Graphite.
- Network protocols, services, standards, and their functionality.
- Working knowledge of and experience with the following:
- BGP Transit and Peering
- Monitoring via SNMP or other relevant tools.
- Linux operating systems.
- Strong communicator with exceptional customer service skills who can effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, in user-friendly language.
- Well-developed analytical and troubleshooting skills coupled with sound judgment and decisiveness to escalate issues to senior members.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently of varying degrees of complexity and time urgency.
- A team player with an open mind and attitude to explore new technologies, improve efficiency, and embrace change.
- High degree of professionalism, courteousness and friendliness.
- Previous experience in an IT support capacity and/or ISP environment is considered an asset.
- Shell scripting experience is an asset.
- Valid G level driver’s license and must be able to provide a driver’s abstract.
What we offer:
- We live by our core values: Friendly, Smart, Honest, Reliable, Forward and Involved.
- A dynamic, reputable, and FUN company culture. It’s what brings our employees here and keeps them here :)
- Career advancement opportunities and continuous professional development
- Pay per performance compensation philosophy
- Group Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Comprehensive flex option health benefits, including dental and life insurance
- Work-from-home opportunities
Diversity is important to us, and we believe our differences make us a better company. Our differences help us to be innovative, with new attitudes, new processes, and new solutions to difficult problems. We respect our differences and this respect is shared throughout our culture.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!