Location: London, ON
Do you consider yourself to be a “Project Manager” provider who wants the ability to contribute towards the delivery of a unique business solution? Do you strive to exceed expectations all while celebrating your successes with an amazing team along the way? If your answer is yes, keep reading :)
Start.ca is currently searching for a dynamic Project Manager - Fibre Networks. This role is responsible for the successful delivery of fiber optic infrastructure and installation projects by meeting the project deadlines, scope of work, and budget. The Project Manager will work with the Fiber Implementation and Fiber Installation managers, and their teams, to implement the projects “on time and on budget” through all stages of the telecommunications project. The Project Manager will also support the administrative work, such as Inventory tracking, Financial tracking and Purchase Order reporting that relates to the projects. Along with the responsibilities and requirements specific to this role, the successful candidate is also expected to abide by and encourage Start’s Code of Conduct, helping to strengthen our trusting and positive work environment.
Along with the responsibilities and requirements specific to this role, you are also expected to abide by and encourage Start’s Code of Conduct, helping to strengthen our trusting and positive work environment.
If you’re passionate about being part of a growing, creative, and innovative company, Start.ca could be the place for you!
Check out this video about what it’s like to be part of the Start family! https://youtu.be/UZj4qJfU7ZQ
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide accurate project milestone reporting and tracking of “critical path” items for delivery of the outside plant and fiber optic projects on a complete project cycle, including design, permit approval, construction and activation.
- Identify and resolve any project delays, changes in scope, or cost overruns in a timely manner.
- When required, escalate large variances in these project elements to the pertinent Manager.
- Liaise with the finance teams to prepare accurate financial reporting for the projects.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed by the project teams relating to Purchase Orders, Equipment Inventory and Contractor hiring.
- Support and aid in the development of the new Project Management software tool created by KloudGin.
- Support the administrative requirements for the project teams as needed.
- Other appropriate responsibilities relevant to the role today and the role as it may evolve.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager, specifically involved in outside plant and fiber optic telecommunications projects.
- Strong communicator with exceptional presentation skills who can effectively connect, both verbally and in writing, with multiple stakeholders, interpreting their needs and identifying solutions.
- Able to build relationships at all levels, both within the team and with stakeholders.
- Proven experience successfully managing competing projects and deadlines, with the ability to shift priorities when needed.
- Strong logical and analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Adaptable self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ever changing environment with the drive to improve processes and procedures.
- Direct knowledge and experience relating to the project management of fiber optic and telecommunications infrastructure projects.
- PMP certification is considered an asset.
Who is Start.ca?
- We are a telecommunications company located in London, ON and we provide internet, television and phone solutions.
- We are devoted to delivering a world class customer experience with each and every customer interaction.
- At Start.ca, we live by our core values: Friendly, Smart, Honest, Reliable, Forward and Involved.
- We have a dynamic, reputable, and FUN company culture - it’s what brings our employees here and keeps them here.
- As we grow, we want our employees to grow with us through our career advancement opportunities and continuous professional development.
Diversity is important to us, and we believe our differences make us a better company. Our differences help us to be innovative, with new attitudes, new processes, and new solutions to difficult problems. We respect our differences and this respect is shared throughout our culture.