Location: London, ON
Internet and telecommunications should be simple, friendly, and affordable. This philosophy has helped Start.ca achieve some of the highest customer ratings among Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in Canada.
Our mission is to be the most loved, most recommended, and most desired telecom provider out there. Accomplishing this begins with our people!
Start.ca is currently looking for a Technical Operations Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for the effective operations of our Technical Operations team which supports our network, internal systems, and support across the organization. This individual will leverage skills in project management, resource management, change management, incident management, tactical planning, as well as identifying and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate and oversee the daily activities of your team, setting priorities to ensure task completion and coordinating daily activities with other Managers/Team Leads to meet or exceed business objectives
- Partner with the People & Culture team on all matters related to performance issues, setting consistent policy expectations, talent acquisition/management, and on-boarding/off-boarding
- Monitor the performance of your team and provide feedback through regular one-on-ones and meetings
- Cultivate a culture of trust with your staff
- Roll out new services, processes, and procedures within the team and provide feedback on processes and procedures that may be ineffective
- Address performance issues within the Technology Operations Team.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and ensure change management and incident management within corporate infrastructure
- Develop and design the monitoring status and health checks of all corporate services and servers
- Maintain internal file storage servers (NFS/SMB)
- In-depth knowledge of application and desktop systems and configuration, installations/upgrades techniques, application management, problem identification and resolution
- Advanced Knowledge of VMware including DRS, auto deploy / host profiles
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Controller administration
- Experience with design, implementation, and support of DR/BC policies/procedures
- Responsible to ensure all deployments, implementations and troubleshooting steps are documented accurately and in a timely manner
- Recognize and escalate critical issues to the Technology Operations Director.
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance and upgrades
- Available and required to support and maintain “on-call” coverage for the Technology Operations Team
What we are looking for:
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized Computer Science, Network Engineering, or related program of study
- 10+ years of experience with Technology Operations, Network Operations and System Administration
- Experience with many of the following: Windows Server 2016, 2019, MS Exchange 2016, Office 365, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy, PowerShell scripting and other automation techniques, Network/Server Monitoring Tools, Firewalls, VPN & Identity Management, Antivirus, Malware and Spam protection software, LAN Networking, Linux, Technology Implementation Projects
- Proven experience creating technical documentation
- Demonstrated experience implementing and leading team initiatives
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Able to lead and help drive technical decisions
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with the ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions
- Strong organizational, time management, and presentation skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships, both internally and externally, quickly and effectively
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, with an ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Strong business acumen, with a good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Solutions-focused, organized, accurate and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
What we offer:
- We live by our core values: Friendly, Smart, Honest, Reliable, Forward, Involved
- We have a dynamic, reputable, and FUN company culture - it’s what brings our employees here and keeps them here :)
- As we grow, we want our employees to grow with us through our career advancement opportunities and continuous professional development
- Pay for performance compensation philosophy
- Group Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Comprehensive flex option health & dental benefits and life insurance
- Remote work opportunities with ability to work from office as required/necessary to maintain quality, 24x7 operations and customer support
Diversity is important to us, and we believe our differences make us a better company. Our differences help us to be innovative, with new attitudes, new processes, and new solutions to difficult problems. We respect our differences, and this respect is shared throughout our culture.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!