Location: London, ON
Telecommunications should be simple, friendly, and affordable. This philosophy has helped Start.ca achieve some of the highest customer ratings among Internet Service Providers in Canada. Our mission is to be the most loved, most recommended, and most desired telecom provider out there. Accomplishing this starts with our people!
The Customer Experience (CX) Care Representative plays a foundational part in our drive to deliver exceptional customer experiences at every opportunity. CX Care Representatives' primary focus will be on managing inbound customer inquiries related to requested changes to existing services or billing inquires for current Start.ca residential and business customers. CX Care Representatives are often the first primary point of contact for customers and need to curate solutions based on the customers' individual needs and requirements. Along with the responsibilities and requirements specific to this role, the CX Care Representative will abide by and encourage Start's Code of Conduct, helping to strengthen our trusting and positive work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Actively manage, monitor and follow-up on customer care inquiries via various contact channels.
- Treat each customer interaction as a unique experience by actively listening to determine customer requirements, provide insights and recommendations to identify the best service offering(s), and support the customer in making the best decision to suit their needs.
- Develop expertise related to the responsibilities and accountabilities of the care and billing role.
- Listen, probe, seek to understand, and build effective relationships with current customers.
- Solutions oriented mindset to address customer inquiries promptly and effectively the first time.
- Follow up with new and existing customers as needed to ensure an exceptional experience and identify additional opportunities that may suit the customer.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Experience Group (CxG) and Start.ca teams as necessary to address and deliver best care and billing solutions.
- Proactively seek solutions using appropriate documentation, standardized formats and use of sound judgment.
- Leverage the expertise and knowledge of others and seek direction or direct advanced requests to an appropriate team member when necessary.
- Accurately, consistently, and effectively log details and follow appropriate processes to initiate and deliver on customer needs and expectations.
- Model and strengthen Start culture by understanding and including our purpose and mission in our activities and interactions.
- Other appropriate responsibilities relevant to the role today and the role as it may evolve.
What we are looking for:
- 2 or more years of relevant experience in customer service/care. (we'll take less, but aiming for more)
- Post secondary education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and managing tasks as required in a timely, autonomous manner.
- Strong verbal and written skills, able to communicate clearly and accurately using proper grammar and tone.
- Demonstrates passion for providing positive, impactful, customer experiences.
- Able to build positive and effective customer relationships.
- An active approach to problem solving coupled with the ability to achieve results.
- A growth mindset and flexibility, allowing you to shift tasks and priorities when circumstances dictate.
- Able to work in a flexible work environment with a mix of ‘work-from-home’ and ‘in-office’ situations if and as required.
- A work-from-home location that will allow for secured, controlled environment.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Demonstrates a commitment to workplace reliability and personal accountability.
- Available for evenings, nights, weekends and statutory holiday coverage as required.
- This role will be an evening’s role from 2PM to 10PM. Either Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday.
What we offer:
- We live by our core values: Friendly, Smart, Honest, Reliable, Forward and Involved.
- We have a dynamic, reputable, and FUN company culture - it’s what brings our employees here and keeps them here :)
- As we grow, we want our employees to grow with us through our career advancement opportunities and continuous professional development.
- Pay per performance compensation philosophy.
- Group Retirement Savings Plan with company matching.
- Comprehensive flex option health & dental benefits & life insurance.
- Remote work opportunities.
Diversity is important to us, and we believe our differences make us a better company. Our differences help us to be innovative, with new attitudes, new processes, and new solutions to difficult problems. We respect our differences and this respect is shared throughout our culture.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!